Monday, January 10, 2011

Awards 2010: Director's Guild of America Nominations

The guild awards season does tend to seem a little single-faceted at times, mostly because they have one basic category to decide on each. When it comes to the DGA, I'm a bit surprised at the nominations. Most of them are right on the money, but I find it a bit shocking that David O. Russell made the cut for The Fighter while Joel & Ethan Coen were snubbed for True Grit. Other than that, I have no qualms or quarries with this year's nominations. I'm pretty sure David Fincher will end up winning, but I'd like to think that Darren Aronofsky still has a chance.

Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film
Darren Aronofsky (“Black Swan”)
David O. Russell (“The Fighter”)
Christopher Nolan (“Inception”)
Tom Hooper (“The King’s Speech”)
David Fincher (“The Social Network”)

No comments:

Post a Comment