Friday, April 29, 2011

Theatrical Trailer: One Day

I think I've managed to overcome the first obstacle that One Day puts in front of me, and that's the English accent of all the characters. The second obstacle is the somewhat predictable cliche romantic plotline that feels a little tired upon arrival in this trailer? The third problem I have is the depiction of Britain, which I always thought of as a beautiful place, especially after seeing director Lone Scherfig's An Education. This one wreaks of a modern day hell. So what do I like about this trailer? I love the direction by Lone Scherfig, which still manages to maintain a sense of quality. I don't know how it will hold up in a feature length film, but I'm hopeful. Still, I'm tired of creating excuses for films I've been looking forward to. If I don't like it, I just don't like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment