Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaser Trailer: 127 Hours

It's amazing how such high expectations can be brought down to earth over the course of two minutes. The trailer for Danny Boyle's much talked about new film, 127 Hours has arrived, and my take of it is slightly mixed. I was one of the people who absolutely loved Slumdog Millionaire, but this looks like a whole different animal, maybe in a bad way. A lot of the cinematography is much like a hand held camera. If that's the way this entire movie is going to be, then I have some hesitations. However, this feels more like a teaser trailer than a final one, so maybe there's more than just this. I do like the quick change in tone from light and enjoyable, to panicked and terrifying. We'll have to wait and see if this ultimately figures into my Best Picture prediction for it. Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment