Sunday, November 6, 2011

Endgame 2011: My Hit List

The year is set and staged with just two months left before it officially clocks out. For a cinema reviewer, this is a dreaded time of year. Sure, it is a time when the strongest films of the year crop up, and I've already taken in quite a few of them. But films slip by between the cracks, and there are bound to be some that I wait impatiently for them to show up in the local indie theaters. Regrettably, the only films playing locally at present are "Attack the Block" and "Love Crime", only one of which I know anything about, and neither of which I care about. So, I figured that the best way for me to hit all the proper destinations before my year is out was to put them in list form, and I present that here. Also, if there's a film not on this list that you think I haven't seen and should, post it in the comments.
  • "The Skin I Live In"
  • "Bombay Beach"
  • "Martha Marcy May Marlene"
  • "Take Shelter"
  • "J. Edgar"
  • "The Descendants"
  • "Hugo"
  • "Miss Bala"
  • "The Muppets"
  • "The Artist"
  • "Shame"
  • "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy"
  • "Young Adult
  • "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows"
  • "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol"
  • "The Adventures of Tintin"
  • "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
  • "A Separation"

No comments:

Post a Comment