Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Is 'Clash of the Titans' Worth Seeing in 3D?

I don't usually make too much of a deal about reviews from critics about a film like this, but the thing that concerns me the most about the reviews of Clash of the Titans is not the talk of the film's quality, but the quality of the 3D. None of the reviews give us a real grasp of just how awful the 3D is. Just that it is awful and preferable to see the film in 2D. I remember seeing How to Train Your Dragon last weekend and I simply loved the use of the 3D much more than I did for Avatar, and I dread the idea of the art form (3D) dying because of a lousy 3D conversion job. I take all of these reviews as necessary warnings, and I still plan on seeing the film in 3D. However if these rumors are true then I'll be sure to check the critics opinions before seeing any 3D film from here on out. What is your stand on the issue? Are critics just being critics, or did Warner Bros. rush Clash of the Titans into 3D conversion too quickly? Please respond in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment