Friday, March 19, 2010

Captain America is Going to Suck!

So ever since Iron Man became a box office hit in 2008 Marvel has been fast at work trying to adapt films based on the rest of the members of the superhero team known as The Avengers. The Incredible Hulk was released shortly afterwards, and managed to intigrate smoothly into the mythology already created. Iron Man 2 is released this may, Thor is underway for release next year, and now Captain America is set for release in 2012. It will not turn out well for at least two reasons. The first is that Joe Johnston, who directed Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Jurrasic Park 3, and his most recent failure The Wolfman is at the helm for the film.

The second reason is far worst. They've offered the title role to Chris Evans. For those who don't already know, Chris Evans played the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four series, and more recently starred in the failed superhero movie Push. I would've been fine with the film if it hadn't been for this news. I hold deep in my heart a passionate hate of Chris Evans, and I hope to god that for whatever reason, he declines the offer. I'd rather have Channing Tatum (G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra), or whatever guy from Cloverfield who was being considered for the role take it than him. Now that I've spewed my hate over this project, what is your opinion of this venture that is almost more doomed than the voyage of Titanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment