Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: Predators, The Greatest

The new trailer for the latest installment of the Predator franchise was released, and I can't say I'm totally against it. I've trusted this type of Robert Rodriguez film in the past (Sin City, Planet Terror). It's his more family oriented films that make me hate him so much (Shorts, Spy Kids). With this film he's in the producer's chair, with Nimrod Antal (Armored) directing the piece. I can't tell where this film will go, because the editing for the trailer is just so choppy. I also wish the planet they were on looked like more of an alien planet. I'll have to wait for the second trailer to give an opinion on where Predators will go, but they are off to a half decent start. Here's the link for the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8vZwvP57Y

The next trailer is a drama starring Carey Mulligan (An Education), Pierce Brosnan, Susan Sarandon, and Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass) called The Greatest. Basically Johnson's character and Mulligan's are a couple, and Johnson dies. Then it turns out Mulligan is pregnant, and apparently the only one she can turn to is her dead boyfriend's family. I don't understand why, but it's supposed to be sweet. I can see this being a feel good film, perhaps in the same vein as The Blind Side, but I'm cautious about it. It very well could be great, but probably not the greatest. Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xevNnOP5qSw

No comments:

Post a Comment