Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: Iron Man 2

The Oscars are over, and now that I've passed the 100 post mark, I can get to my next 100 posts which will likely be much less interesting. It's been a while since we've gotten some trailers for the big films coming out this year, but right after the academy awards on sunday we got a nice look at the sequel to Iron Man. The trailers for this franchise always have a way of dulling down the best parts of it, and instead focusing on their brand of screwball humor. So I have to assure people that there is likely more action in the film than this trailer leads us to believe.

I still love what I see of the film. Mickey Rourke looks brilliant as always and I can't wait to see what his role has in store for us. Will it be the sort of performance that earned Heath Ledger and Oscar two years ago? Too difficult to say at this point, but i'm definitely not against the idea. Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer doesn't really seem to me like it will be as huge and complex a villain, if he is a villain at all and not just a corporate douchebag. They didn't feature Scarlett Johansson enough, and I think that the robot soldiers are perhaps a little too evocative of Iron Monger from the last film, but this is still one of the films I'm most looking forward to this summer. Then again it took me five hours to realize that I'm the only one who knows the characters names and significance so this trailer review is pretty meaningless to anyone who hasn't read the comics. Here's the link for the Iron Man 2 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQowwwwYa0

No comments:

Post a Comment