Monday, December 26, 2011

How do I get on #TeamMargaret?

If things seem rather quiet this week, it's mostly because I'm taking the time to catch up with films I have and haven't seen. I'm crossing fingers that "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and "The Artist" comes locally soon enough, and still looking for a Netflix so that I can finally see "Weekend". Worst case scenario, I end up spending money for a month's subscription, which would actually be rather pleasant for the month I'm away from the college film library where I head to school. Catching up with "A Separation" and "Young Adult" in the next couple of days. I'm definitely disregarding "War Horse", and may well end up ignoring "The Descendants" in spite of the pleas on behalf of people I know who loved it. Somehow, I'm still not sold on it.

However, if there's a single film that I will absolutely not get the chance to see ahead of posting my list, yet I still want to see, it's "Margaret". Heard of it? Probably not, as the film's gotten little attention in the months since its extremely small theatrical release in September. The trailer didn't much catch my eye at first, but it's geared in much the way you'd expect a trailer to be. But the critical uprising on behalf of the film has been absolutely insane, and has caused me to not just give pause, but pry open any opportunity to actually catch the film before my time's up with this year. I know it's not going to happen, and there's no changing that. But it's just one thing I'd like to have some sort of chance at before the year is officially up.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, definitely skip The Descendants, aside from George Clooney its a completely forgettable movie.

    As for Weekend, aside from some pretentionsness its a worthwile movie, you can't get any of the free one month trail of Netflix? Either way its not a bad thing to get streaming movies, I was going to cancel it after my month was over but I ended up liking it so I kept it.

    By the way. you're lucky you have A Seperation, I'm probably going to have to wait for that when its on DVD, as for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Ther Artist, I have to wait till the 6th of January.

    and I have heard of Margeret, I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and the movie was one of its cover stories on a September issue, have forgotten about it up until this past week though.

    ReplyDelete