Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oscar Nomination Ballots Due Today!

So today is the fateful final day in which Academy Award nomination ballots are accepted. I've made my opinion on what should be nominated in the main race quite clear over the weeks, but here's a little refresher on my choices as of today for Best Picture:

-An Education
-Precious
-Up in the Air
-The Hurt Locker
-Inglourious Basterds
-District 9
-A Serious Man
-Up
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
-The Messenger

As I stated the other day, I have taken Avatar out of my choices because it frankly isn't worthy enough to be nominated. Instead I put in what is in my opinion, the superior Sci-fi film in the race District 9. On this list there are only 4 films I haven't seen: An Education, Precious, A Serious Man, and The Messenger. As soon as I get a chance to see any of those films I will take it, in a second. Half-Blood Prince is my leap of faith, from which I will likely crash into a watery abyss and die, but I'm willing to take that chance. The only other race in which I really care what gets nominated is Cinematography which I think Bruno Delbonnel should be nominated for his work on the latest Harry Potter. That is my only other point of interest as far as nominations go. So in about two weeks we'll find out what films come out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment