Saturday, January 30, 2010

Howard Shore to score Twilight Saga: Eclipse :(

I think that a kind, loving, beautiful female child under the age of 6 dies every time something amazingly good happens for The Twilight Saga. So I must say with pain and misery that Howard Shore, the composer of the scores for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as well as The Departed, and the recently released Edge of Darkness, is going to write the score for the third installment of the unexplainably successful Twilight franchise. For months I have been fighting with myself at night over wasting another two precious hours of my life to Stephanie Meyers' atrocity of nature, but now I have to see this film.

Forget the fact that since the film was made in 6 months it's likely to be cheesier and more hillarious than the previous film, and the fact that there is "more action in this installment". Howard Shore has made a name for himself over the years as a man who knows how to write musical scores that have a scope. Maybe, just maybe, he can trick us into believing that Eclipse is more epic than it actually is. I highly doubt it, but we'll just have to wait and see it (cue me sobbing uncontrollably for several hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment