Thursday, July 1, 2010

Soundtrack Preview: Inception by Hans Zimmer

What movie hold more weight to the mere mention of it more than Inception. The other day I was out at a newstand, and I picked up a copy of the latest issue of Rolling Stone just to read their review of Inception. It doesn't reveal too much about the plot of the film, as no review ever should. It does give us some confirmation that this film will be the epic blockbuster entertainment we've been waiting for all summer. For somebody who has just had the misfortune of being cinematically raped two days in a row, just thinking about it gives me hope.

Fortunately, each day gives us a bit more of Inception to chew on. Today I was happy to find that Amazon.com had posted 30 second samplings of all of the tracks from the score of Inception. I've been fixating myself for a while on that two minute soundbyte that lies on the films official website, so it's nice to get something fresh and new, and boy does this soundtrack give me that. It's as strange as anything I've ever heard, and Hans Zimmer is certainly doing something new with the bizarre material Christopher Nolan is throwing at him. It's very electronic, but it never feels cold once, and it evokes both The Dark Knight and Memento through its different sounds.

It suspiciously tricks you now and again into feeling it to be something normal, only to take a complete left turn. I'm not sure if any of these tracks are in chronological order, which they quite often aren't for a Hans Zimmer soundtrack. It gives me the huge question mark of not knowing what will happen with this movie. I can't wait to listen to the entire soundtrack the moment it becomes available to me. Inception has been the movie of the moment for so long, and when we come to that opening day, the hype for the film will be at a fever pitch. If you wish to take a listen in on the soundtrack, follow the link to the soundtrack's page at Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment