Friday, July 30, 2010

J.J. Abrams Producing "Boilerplate"!

If there's any sort of geeky topic out there, expect somebody like J.J. Abrams to get a hold of it. The man who revitalized Star Trek, brought sexy back to the sci-fi genre with Fringe, and is currently making a tribute movie to Stephen Spielberg's old film, is now producing Boilerplate, based on the book by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett. The book follows a robot built in the victorian age and his travels during his long existence, meeting several historical entities along the way.

This sounds like the sort of strange science fiction film that could easily get peoples attention, especially if done in the right way. I can see it being part period piece, part bio-pic. What would a movie about a robot be if they didn't touch on the whole emotional topic. Does a robot have a heart? I get all emotional for that sort of thing. I keep trying to get myself to watch WALL-E again, but find myself deterred by something distracting me. Anyway, J.J. has got a tough project to push forward, and hopefully he finds the right man for the job of directing.

No comments:

Post a Comment