Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekend Report: Me, Myself, and Irene

It's yet another weekend before the quality films of the fall season kick in, but the lack of must-see films this weekend isn't the biggest problem at the box office. It figures that I'd only hear about Hurricane coming if it directly influences the outcome of my week. As such, I probably won't be posting anything tomorrow due to the fact that my college is moving us in a day early to avoid the inclement weather. I probably won't be the only, as the box office has been known to take a turn for the worst during times where people don't want to take the outdoor journey to the theaters.

As per usual, I suggest you take the hint, stay indoors, and pull out some classic from the 1900s. If you really want to cram in a film before hurricane Irene hits, I'd suggest "Our Idiot Brother" as a nice enough time. Don't expect genius, but you can surely expect something funny, entertaining, and a touch above most other comedies this summer. Then again, if you're in the mood for something a bit darker, or perhaps with more of an action bent to it, I've got nothing. "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" looks like your typical jump-scare horror flick, and "Columbiana" was only funny in the trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment