Friday, August 19, 2011

Weekend Report: Massive Humidity

It's another overly populated weekend at the theaters, with residents being either irritating or obvious. My hopes are that "The Help" continues to hold on fairly well, hopefully engulfing "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" this weekend. But if you have already seen both of those and are just eager for something new, you probably won't find it this weekend. The best suggestion I can give you is "Fright Night", which has enough strong actors, young and old, to draw interest. I was tempted to head out to see it last night, but then I remembered that I'm not that interested. It's probably the most likable film you'll find this weekend.

And the rest? I'd ignore them if I didn't have to write about them. "Conan the Barbarian", which is in massive need of something separating the two parts of the title, seems to be the crowd offering. However, I don't think many are aware of its existence. I just barely know that it exists, but I don't know what it's about. "Spy Kids 4" is... I've already spent more time talking about it than I'd like. And "One Day"? Don't expect anything from it. It might be habitable, but it's about as uninspired as the house my parents slammed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment