Friday, September 16, 2011

Back to September

This week, the fall television season got to a lumbering start, and if you're wondering why Stuart hasn't voiced his thoughts on the new premieres already, it's just a matter scheduling in time. I'm patient, as always. I knew bringing him on, there were going to be a few small problems along the way, but what he brings to the table is enough to warrant some patience. Don't expect me to talk much about what's going on in television this season, except for in one particular category, and you probably know full well what that is.

Even if you don't care about what I have to say about "Fringe" in the slightest, I only ask that you listen. My fanaticism for the show has been overblown in the past, self-indulgently so. The show has always existed on a general B+ level, at best A-, but it's no masterpiece. "Breaking Bad" and "Mad Men" are far more brilliant shows in most ways, but "Fringe" is such a wonderful piece of genre television delight, even at its most frustrating. They're taking on their most ambitious storyline to date this season, and I'm all for it. The fourth season premieres next Friday at 9. Here's a preview for the episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment