Friday, June 10, 2011

The Weekend Report: A Lot Like Summer

Taking a look at the films releasing this weekend, it certainly feels a hell of a lot like summer. Forget the fact that one of the films releasing is titled Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer. I know I'd certainly like to forget that one. If you're a parent this weekend, I do certainly feel sorry for you. You're either going to be subjected to insurmountable portions of pain and misery through one film, or you're going to be slowly realizing that Super 8 isn't really a kids film. That is, it's not a kids film in the typical sense as the film releasing opposite it.

Parents will realize in a matter of the first half hour that the kids in the film are unbelievably realistic, and therefore not good role models for their children. They say words like "shit" and "asshole" on numerous occasions in the film, which I'm sure parents will frown upon quite a bit. If it feels like a bit of my Super 8 review is gleaning into this post, prepare to be a tad disappointed. It's a film that I'm sure a lot of people are going to like a lot more than I did, but it's not a massive popcorn action film, nor should it be. (P.S. I actually didn't hate this film.)

No comments:

Post a Comment