Thursday, June 9, 2011

For Your Anticipation: I Think You Should Look at This First

J.J.'s back in town with another film of his, and I know by now to stop and pay attention when Abrams has something to say. His influence has brought us fantastic films like Star Trek and Cloverfield, as well as lasting television epics like Lost, Fringe, and a few coming this fall. His latest film is an "original" effort, but it's really Abrams' encapsulation of his childhood more than anything. That includes inspiration from the films that he grew up with, not just Spielberg but mostly Spielberg. I can rely on Abrams delivering an authentic feeling 1970s atmosphere, but I have some narrative fears going into Super 8. I'm excited, but I can't help but expect something a tad bit disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment