Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Martin Scorcese directing 'Hugo Cabret' in 3D

Martin Scorcese has done a variety of different projects in the past, but his next film may be a long stretch from what he's done most recently. The Oscar nominated director has announced that his next film will be an adaptation of The Invention of Hugo Cabret, a science fiction childrens novel. I've always thought of Scorcese as a diverse film maker, but I never thought he'd actually come to this genre sanely. Perhaps Shutter Island wacked him off the looney bin.

Making this venture an even more surreal experience, Scorcese has opted to film the movie in 3D. I never thought that Scorcese of all people would take the 3D route. Then again I never thought he'd actually make a childrens movie, but I was wrong. I think it will without a doubt be an interesting and unique film, despite the fact that I don't really care about the plot presently. When the first trailer comes out I will care about the plot. This may actually turn out to be better than Scorcese's latest film.

No comments:

Post a Comment