Friday, April 30, 2010

Weekend Update: 1st Week of May

This weekend is more May than April, so it technically counts as the first week of May. Given that, it's not going to be nearly as big as the same weekend last year when X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out. This time around we have the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, starring Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen), and given the fact that it's a horror remake I don't have really high expectations for the quality of the film.

However, I still think that it should bring in a decent hunk of cash this weekend, probably a little over $40 million. It needs to bring in what it can before Iron Man 2 comes a quelches the competition. The only other release this weekend is Furry Vengeance, and as somebody I trust deeply once told me, "If you see this movie, God will come down and punch you in the neck." I deeply hope it gets less than $5 million so that everyone will know this selboring fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment