Tuesday, April 27, 2010

3 to see in May!

3. Babies

I'm back to three films, because two films doesn't quite do it. After seeing what film is at #3, you might think otherwise, but I don't. I'm not usually one to go for documentary films that do more observing than narrating (Oceans), the trailer for this film was probably the cutest trailer for a film to ever release. As with any of the films at this spot of the list, I wouldn't say you have to rush out to the theatres to see this, but if you're rich and pretentious, you can probably afford to see it and have a great time. I am not rich, so don't expect a review for it anytime soon.

2. Robin Hood

Ridley Scott is one of those hired gun directors who doesn't so much conceive the story as he does execute it, and we know he's great at that. It's where the script comes into play that his pieces lack originality, and Robin Hood is no exception. From what we've seen of the film, it seems like a typical, over-used fusion of Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven. But seeing as Ridley Scott directed both of those perfectly, I'll forgive it. I don't expect this film to be this year's The Dark Knight, but still probably a decent actioner.

1. Iron Man 2

This has been, and will always be the most anticipated film of this month, despite how good or bad it will be. Recently they've started releasing reviews for the upcoming sequel to Iron Man, and while most don't go so far as saying it's bad, they definitely don't state it as surpassing the first, let alone meeting the quality of the first. I personally have no fear at hearing this news, and how it will affect box-office prospects for the film.

Last year Transformers 2 was completely bashed by critics, but it still went on to be the second highest grossing film of the year, and for me at the very least, one of the most entertaining. So even if critics react similarly to Iron Man 2, I have no fear. It may not be the Oscar possibility I had hoped for, but it will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment