Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: The Last Airbender, Eclipse

We got quite a few new trailers for summer blockbusters this week so lets start with the new trailer for The Last Airbender. I'm really divided on this film, not because I'm unsure if it's going to be good, but because it visually looks amazing, but the script deficiencies show even in the trailers. M. Night Shyamalan may not be a bad director (I think he is, but I'll move past that), but he is a terrible writer, which has condemned most of the films he's released recently (The Happening). I may catch this film just to enjoy the rich visual effects, but one can definitely expect something more in the vein of Transformers than Star Trek. Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqQgyMbpAM

Next is the final trailer for Eclipse, the third installment in the Twilight saga. I'm really glad that after all this time (by that I mean, two years), the series is finally winding down, and in maybe a year and a half we won't have to deal with it anymore. I will be enraged if it turns out that the final film releases in the same time period as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 but I won't start worrying until I hear the news.

In regards to the trailer, I have a problem believing it's the "final" one. The trailer doesn't touch on the romantic triangle between Edward, Bella, and Jacob. I'm not complaining, because it's a brilliant marketing strategy, but I know that the film will touch heavily on that specific story element anyway. Either way, the action in the film isn't too good either, so I'm not at all excited for this outing. Here's the link for said trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CScK6D3KROM

No comments:

Post a Comment