Thursday, April 22, 2010

UPDATED! Green Hornet delayed for 3D conversion

I understand that 3D is the big thing in the bussiness right now, but this is getting ridiculous. Sony has decided to delay the release of Seth Rogen's adaptation of The Green Hornet to January 2011, so they can convert the film into 3D. As I've said before and am not likely to stop saying, I love 3D. However, from what I've seen and heard, Green Hornet is largely a comedy with action elements.

3D is good device to use for animation and visual effects driven films, but this isn't one of those. It's almost like converting Precious: Based on the novel "Push" by Sapphire into 3D. It's just unnescessary, and I'm worried that's the way the industry is going. What are your opinions of this? Is it too soon to tell how it will turn out? Are you willing to spend an extra $5 to see Seth Rogen in an new dimension? Please leave your comments below.
_
UPDATE! Paramount will also apparently be taking the 3D conversion route with their upcoming demonic freak of nature The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan. I thought it deserved to be mentioned in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment