Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"To Rome with Love" Trailer

I'm always under the assumption that a Woody Allen film isn't going to be that great, which is an assumption that usually proves correct. I'm speaking of these days, obviously, since he usually has one hit per two or three misses. In that schema, I'll always consider "Vicky Christina Barcelona" far better than "Midnight in Paris", though his last film was undeniably a hilarious romp worth taking. I'm not so certain about "To Rome with Love", which has already been deflated by two name changes from the more witty "Nero Fiddled" and the even wittier "The Bod Decameron". Based on the ensemble nature of the package, I think we're in for an average exploration of a city, not full hearted in its attention to characters as his last film.

No comments:

Post a Comment