Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Rise of the Guardians" Trailer

This year is seeming somewhat indecisive in terms of its animated offerings. Not that I'm not interested in what's to come, and in fact there are quite a few, "Rise of the Guardians" included, that I am very much looking forward to. I'm just not entirely certain on exactly how strong they will turn out to be, or if they'll prove to fall flat instead. I certainly hope not, and even on paper "Rise of the Guardians" is an interesting idea. The legendary holiday characters teaming up to face the villain is predictable to a degree, but is Dreamworks ever anything but such? They've done wonderfully entertaining things on their formula, and it ultimately depends on if they can make the character dynamics work. It can't just be a team fighting and defeating somebody. It has to be more than that, and I hope they find the right balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment