Saturday, February 18, 2012

OSCAR 2011 PREDICTIONS: Foreign Language Film

I have as little an understanding of the Foreign Language race this year as just about anybody could. I know that I absolutely love "A Separation", and it's everyone's favorite to win. I also know that the best choice is so rarely the one that's chosen. People don't really know what goes on in the minds of the people who vote in that category. I hold as testament: "In A Better World", "The Secret in Their Eyes", "Departures", "The Counterfeiters", and many others in the past. This is ultimately nothing more than a crap shoot, and it's often total crap. I can only find myself swinging sympathy under one fighter, and that's "A Separation". If things go as they should, it'll happen. I just have a sinking feeling it will go to something random and pointless that nobody is even going to try to see.

WILL WIN: Anything but "A Separation"
COULD & SHOULD WIN: "A Separation"
SHOULD REALLY WIN: "Certified Copy"

PERSONAL ('RANDOM') RANKINGS:
1. "A Separation"
2. "Bullhead"
3. "Monsieur Lazhar"
4. "Footnote"
5. "In Darkness"

No comments:

Post a Comment