Friday, July 29, 2011

The Weekend Report: Craziness and Insanity

I've got one foot out the door on my way to my legitimate job, as in the one that pays for me to see films every week, so I'm going to have to make this short. I'm not so sure about the box office prospects for Cowboys and Aliens, because I imagine many have the same trepidation about it that I have. I'm not going to see it in theaters, but I oddly hope it does well. God forbid the western genre die from another blockbuster hit. I can see Crazy, Stupid, Love doing really well this weekend, and it could give Ryan Gosling the heat he needs to escalate his career in the coming weeks with Drive and The Ides of March. I don't want anyone to see The Smurfs, because that's just child cruelty. Who would do that?

1 comment:

  1. Because kids are not that smart but they know most parents today will take them to whatever movie they beg/whine/cry they want to watch and most parents will do what the kids say. Haven't you heard how The smurfs is the number one in pre-sale tickets?

    Rather discouraging, I think I'm going to watch Crazy, stupid, Love, and re-watch Winnie the Pooh.

    ReplyDelete