Friday, July 13, 2012

"Oz: The Great and Powerful" Teaser Trailer

I really haven't a clue what to do with this "Oz: The Great and Powerful" trailer, except to shrug it off. I was tempted to do that the moment Sam Raimi even signed on for the film. For the most part, Raimi's poppy and colourful style grates on me, and this film looks devastatingly similar to Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland". The colour palette is, admittedly, more lush, and there's a slight bit of intrigue at where it's all going, but I can't help but wonder, why? Why are Michelle Williams and Rachel Weisz in this movie, or even James Franco and Mila Kunis for that matter. It's a trailer that makes me sink with dread at its obviously sentimental motivations, so much so that I already feel it as a retread of "Alice in Wonderland".

No comments:

Post a Comment