Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trailer Thursday: Cemetary Junction, Clash of the Titans, and The Last Airbender

Sorry I didn't have time to check in on tuesday, but in retrospect there weren't really that many trailers back then. So now that there are, I'll just dive in.

The first trailer for Ricky Gervais' comedy-drama Cemetary Junction. Described as a mix between Mad Men and The Office, only one of which I've seen, the plot isn't really spelled out, but by the look of this trailer it's a coming of age tale about a young man. Gervais certainly has lessened the comedy this time around, and it looks like it may or may not work. All I know is that Ricky has had a tough time making a great american comedy. Now that he's back in his natural element his taste in comedy might work. Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMNKo4pCgBE

Next is the international trailer for Clash of the Titans, which certainly sheds more light on the story, which is somewhat different from what I remember of the original, but most important plot elements have been kept intact. With the recent news that the film will be converted into 3D, the imagery can certainly be seen in a new light. I'm not sure how good the film will be, but by the look of things it will certainly have a ton of action, assuming that all of the action shots aren't in the trailer, which can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkD0B_X3Qo

The Super Bowl spot for The Last Airbender just came out today, and I don't know what to think. On the one hand I enjoyed the tv series, but on the other hand I hate M. Night Shyamalan, or at least the recent M. Night Shyamalan. I'm not easily forgiving of the man who brought us The Village and The Happening, and I can't place too much faith in a film that stars a boy riding on a flying bison. Still, visually the spot looks great in the scenes with visual effects. I'm just underwhelmed whenever there's a shot without visual effects in it. And the voice over does give me a really bad taste in my mouth. If those spoken lines are in the actual movie then there really is no hope for Shyamalan. If he screws this up, it's over. But i'm keeping my self open for being proved wrong. Here the spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9mQ2toIiwU

No comments:

Post a Comment