Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cameron Taking On "Avatar" Sequels Next

As usual, there is some good news, some bad, and some that's open to interpretation based on what you like. James Cameron has spent the last year twiddling his thumbs, wondering if he wants to just go ahead and shoot the Avatar sequels now, or do what Christopher Nolan did and take a break to make a separate classy effort. The only problem with the latter decision is that Cameron isn't classy, so this decision makes sense. The man has confirmed that his next projects will be the two sequels to Avatar to finish off the trilogy. Currently, he foresees the effort to take a good six years, presumably for the technical costs.

I assume, based on what he did for the first film, he could probably just bust out the next two scripts in about a week. If he has the entire world mapped out in his head, why spend any time working out something like intriguing dialogue. Just give fans what they apparently want. I know it sounds like I'm being pessimistic, and that's because I am. I'm just playing the odds, based on what I saw of the first film. For me, these next six years will be something of a relief, and then we'll just be finished with this franchise as the final two installments are both released within a two year period. What do you think of this news. Are you one of the people who loved Avatar, or are you a member of my party?

No comments:

Post a Comment