Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Trailers I Adore

Well they missed the cut for the Oscar, but at least The Social Network got in on the Golden Trailer Awards and finished off awards season on a late note of positivity. So with the awards come and gone, talk and discussion have broken out on personal picks of favorite trailers, as instigated by Ryan Adams of Awards Daily. Being mildly new to the game, I don't have the experience of years upon years of trailer hunting. We have gotten our share of really well made trailers recently with Tinker Tailor Solider Spy and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, both of which keep sticking out as similar starts to adult oriented film franchises. Still, I felt obligated to look further back at trailers which really impressed me.

I was really impressed with the first teaser trailer for WALL-E, as it made it clear that this was going to be a very special and important film. The first trailer for Cloverfield was clearly a clever WTF piece of surprise marketing, and it was the main thing people were talking about after seeing the first Transformers. Perhaps my favorite piece of trailer marketing is the first trailer for Up in the Air. It's a trailer that established itself as the main thing of 2009. I'll let it speak for itself. Just ignore the stupid logo of the YouTuber who uploaded it.


No comments:

Post a Comment