Tuesday, January 11, 2011

For Your Anticipation: Pushing An Avocado Through A Cheese Grater

I still don't quite understand the process by which a film like this qualifies for the Oscars of the year before its actual release, but I don't feel I need to. Barney's Version hasn't really gotten too much hype going, nor has it been fully reviewed by the critical masses. Personally, I've been waiting to see it for a while, and I hope it opens locally this weekend. It looks like a really funny and romantic sort of film with great performances from Dustin Hoffman and Paul Giamatti, and Rosamund Pike doesn't look too bad either. There is this strange murder mystery that I still don't quite understand, and that might weigh a bit on my interpretation of the film. Still, it looks pretty enjoyable, which is more than I can say for most films releasing this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment