Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Anne Hathaway Cast in "Dark Knight Rises"

Things are becoming a little clearer when it comes to the final film in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, because we finally know who the villains will be, and who will play them. I'm always cautious about which news I believe, and which is complete rubbish. Seeing as this is coming from Warner Bros. and Christopher Nolan, I'm willing to believe that it is the truth, but I am comprehensive nonetheless. Anne Hathaway, who most recently underwhelmed audiences and critics in the shallow Love and Other Drugs, has been cast in the role of Selina Kyle, better known as Catwoman in terms of the comic mythology. On top of that, it's been confirmed that Tom Hardy will be playing Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.

Christopher Nolan has made some brilliant films in the past, and they've had an increasingly massive scale to them. Nolan is currently fighting it out with David Seidler for the Academy Award for Original Screenplay, so I'm not about to question his genius. I still can't shake the gross image of Bane from Batman and Robin from my head, but I also thought I'd never get the cheesy nightmare of Jack Nicholson's Joker out of my head. Tackling a villain from the film that had seemingly ended the franchise more than a decade ago is a bold move, and I'm sure it'll be better than we're envisioning it. As for Anne Hathaway, it's hard for me to see her in the role, because the last film she was in didn't really embellish her best. Nolan has extracted some great performances from his casts, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as I did after he announced he was starting on Inception. Look how that turned out. Please comment on what you think of these developments. Optimistic? Pessimistic?

No comments:

Post a Comment