Thursday, April 8, 2010

Weekend Update: 2nd Week of April

High On Celluloid is taking a short hiatus over the weekend, so I thought I'd leave you with my thoughts on this weekends releases, or rather release. The only major new film out this weekend is Steve Carell and Tina Fey's comedy Date Night. The trailers for it have been anything but irresistable, and I can't say it'll be the surprise hit of the season. I still think that it should surprise some people over the weekend. Critics aren't lining up to see it, but they don't hate it nearly as much as some of the other films released recently (Clash of the Titans, The Last Song).

Tina Fey exudes a great amount of charisma with the worst of dialogue at times, and Steve Carell can come across as a complete jerk and still be lovable. Expect their combined effort to haul in an apropriate $30 million over the weekend. Otherwise my only suggestion for this weekend is seeing How to Train Your Dragon before it leaves most of its 3-D theatres. Don't go in expecting a Pixar level masterpiece, but look forward to a better time than you're probably expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment